OfficeRnD is a great platform for a coworking space. It helps you to manage memberships, payments, door access, resources, and lets you automate printing in your space while using ezeep. When a member prints from their ezeep account, it will add as a charge to their OfficeRnD account so that it can be included on their invoice.
OfficeRnD and ezeep integrates easily with a few steps of configuring. Then your users can print from any of their devices like their PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android or from Chrome/Chromebook extension. They will not have to add printer drivers to their devices. Not having to figure out which driver works on what device or Operating System is partly why using ezeep is the best solution for you and your users. You can install an ezeep app or use the web client to print from anywhere, that you have internet connection, to your space’s printers. It’s easy! One less complication for you to worry about and get back to making money in your space.
OfficeRnD will be able to track and charge for printing when you set the one-off fee up.
You need two things to get started: an account with OfficeRnD and an account with ezeep. Navigate to https://officernd.com/ to register for your OfficeRnD account. Create an account for ezeep at https://accounts.ezeep.com/auth/signup/ .
Now that you have both accounts created let’s set them up. Install ezeep on your connector PC.
Techy Stuff: The service does work with an always-on PC, windows 7 or higher or Server 2008 r2 or higher machine that connects to our cloud through the internet. The connector app gets all of the printer information and uploads this connection to our cloud.
Go to your ezeep account dashboard via the link https://portal.ezeep.com and enter your username/email address and password that you set up when you registered.
You will see, in the middle of the screen a message that reads: “Download ezeep for Desktop”
Click on and Download the “ezeep Connector for Window”
Install the connector software and login
Your Printer information will upload into your ezeep account
At this point, you need to configure your OfficeRnD account to import your users and group to your ezeep account.
You can just pause what you are doing or logout from the portal. We can always log back in.
Follow these steps on your OfficeRnD account:
1. Navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab, click ‘Integrations’ and look for ezeep.
2. Click 'Activate' and then ‘Connect.' You need to use an administrator ezeep account when you are connecting the integration otherwise it might not function properly! Here is what the authentication dialog looks like
3. After you 'Connect' ezeep to OfficeRnD the following window will pop up
There are two features of the integration that can be enabled/disabled:
1. Allow OfficeRnD to manage ezeep users - All active members will be automatically added to ezeep. All members that are no longer active will be automatically removed from ezeep. As ezeep charges per user, this feature will ensure you are paying only for the people that are actually using printing services.
2. Allow OfficeRnD to automatically charge for printing - Every time someone prints a copy, a one-off fee will be added to their OfficeRnD account. This feature will enable members to be charged at the end of the month so they don't have to pre-pay for printing.
This feature needs 2 corresponding Billing Plans with interval length set to Once - one to be used when creating fees for Black&White copies and one to be used when creating fees for Color copies. Make sure to match the plans to the 'B&W Copies' and 'Color Copies' fields displayed in the dialog above.
3. Usually, B&W and Color copies are charged differently so make sure you reflect that fact in the pricing when creating the aforementioned plans.
NOTE: If your members are already in ezeep at the time you are enabling the integration then members in OfficeRnD and users in ezeep will be matched by email. This way if an user already exists in ezeep, it won't get re-added but rather the integration will correctly relate it and know to which OfficeRnD member account to send fees as well as if it needs to remove an ezeep user once the member goes inactive.
Now we can log back into your ezeep account. Go to the Users and Groups tab and the sub-tab of groups. You will see that the OfficeRnD group has been created.
Go to you Policies tab and create a policy. You can rename it to whatever you decide. This one is called “Printing”
Select your User Groups
Then go to the Printers tab inside of this policy and select the printers that you are going to let your group of users print to.
Finally, go to the Settings sub-tab in the policy and make sure that the “Set Prices” is on Free. You actually set the prices in your OfficeRnD account, from the earlier section, so you don’t want to also charge in Ezeep.
When you add the users in your OfficeRnD account then they will automatically be added into Ezeep. That is when your user will receive the email to set their password to use ezeep.
As you can see, it's easy for your members to be given access to your printers. Integration with OfficeRnD is completely automated and will save you a lot of time.