Nexudus is a great platform for a coworking space. It helps you to manage memberships, payments, events, newsletters, and lets you automate printing in your space while using ezeep. When a coworker prints from their ezeep account, it will add as a product to their Nexudus Spaces account so that it can be included on their invoice.
ezeep - giving users access to printers and organization's control over printing costs.
Saving you money and getting work done.
Nexudus and ezeep integrate easily with a few steps of configuring. Then your users can print from any of their devices like their PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android or from Chrome/Chromebook extension. They will not have to add printer drivers to their device. Not having to figure out which driver works on what device or Operating System is partly why using ezeep is the best solution for you and your users. You can install an ezeep app or use the web client to print from anywhere, that you have internet connection, to your space’s printers. It’s easy! One less complication for you to worry about and get back to making money in your space. Nexudus will be able to track and charge for printing as you set those products up.
You need two things to get started: an account with Nexudus and an account with ezeep. Navigate to https://spaces.nexudus.com/Login/Register?lang=en to register for your Nexudus Space account. Create an account for ezeep at https://accounts.ezeep.com/auth/signup/ .
Now that you have both accounts created let’s set them up.
Follow these steps on your Nexudus Spaces account:
- Products and Resource Rates: You must set up two products on your Nexudus Spaces account, one for black and white copies and another for color copies. You will also have to add a Resource Rate so that you can manage the credit you assign your users.
- ezeep app: Go to the Apps section via your Nexudus Spaces dashboard and link your Nexudus Spaces account with your ezeep account.
Below, we'll explain each of the steps you need to take:
Installing the ezeep app
To link your ezeep and Nexudus Spaces accounts, go to ezeep.spaces.nexudus.com. If you're not already logged in to your Nexudus Spaces account, you'll be required to do so.
Follow the steps to integrate the app. You can then see the integration is active in your account at platform.nexudus.com on the Settings > Integrations page.
- The app will then ask you to select the users that you want to invite to print. You can skip this step and do it later, if you want.
Next, visit your Nexudus portal at platform.nexudus.com:
- Go to Inventory > Products and click on the Add Product button.
- Add a name, description and the product's price.
- Check the list to make sure that the product was added correctly.
- Repeat the process, this time for the color printing product, for example, you can call it Color print. Check the list to make sure the product was added correctly.
You can then create a Resource in the Inventory > Resources section:
Next, go to Prices to set the resource rate:
Next, you can assign the printing products to the "products" page by clicking "Add resource product":
Finally, go to Settings > Integrations and select ezeep, and make sure the correct products and resource (printing credit extra service) are selected:
You will need to adjust some of the settings on your ezeep account to complete the integration between the two platforms. Just to recap, as we've mentioned before, when you link Nexudus Spaces with ezeep through our app, you'll see a screen where you can invite users to use ezeep.
Then, you must go to your ezeep account dashboard via the link https://portal.ezeep.com and enter your username/email address and password that you set up when you registered.
We're now going to explain the main elements you need to configure via the ezeep dashboard.
When you link your ezeep account to Nexudus Spaces and invite space users to use this service, a Group called "Nexudus" will be created by default, which will include the users that you've invited. You can access and view this Group in your ezeep account via the side menu: Users&Groups > Groups > Nexudus.
ezeep has Policies so you can set the conditions for the print jobs that are sent through the platform. In this section, we're only going to explain how to set up ezeep so that the integration works with your Nexudus Spaces account. If you would like more information about ezeep, you can visit the ezeep support section, here https://www.ezeep.com/help/
We generally only need to create two Policies on the ezeep account for the Nexudus Spaces integration: one for black and white printing and another for color printing, as shown in the following image:
Creating a policy on ezeep
As we've mentioned above, we're going to create two Policies; one for color prints and another for black and white prints. We're going to call them Nexudus(Color) and Nexudus(b/w).
To do so, go to Policies > Create your first policy.
Then, on the next screen, fill in the Name field and select the Group you want to add it to.
In the Settings (1) tab, select Full Color (2), and set the prices. Users will Pay per page (3) but you need to leave the price as 0.00 because we have already set it in the Products section on your Nexudus Spaces account.
Important note: Make sure that the price per page is set as 0.00 so that it works correctly.
Lastly, choose the printer you want to apply to these Policies in the Printer tab. To complete the setup process, close the screen by clicking on the cross icon at the top right of the screen.
You'll see that the Nexudus(color) Policy now appears in the menu.
Lastly, you must repeat the process to create the Nexudus(b/n) policy. Follow the same steps, entering Nexudus(b/n) in the Name field and choosing Black&White for the color Setting. The remaining settings are exactly the same as the other policy
To recap, we've explained how to add Users and link them to a Group and also create Policies. Once you've configured these settings, the integration process is complete, and you can use ezeep on Nexudus Spaces.
Printing via ezeep
We're now going to show you how coworkers can print via ezeep and what would happen on your Nexudus Spaces account.
- Coworkers can print from their ezeep dashboard via the Print Now tab, by clicking and searching for the document.
- It will take a few seconds for the file to upload to the server.
- Then, the coworker can select the printer and printing options he or she wants to use. The process is completed when they click on Print.
- The process will be complete in a moment.
- A confirmation message will then appear on the screen.
- If you go to the member's account via the Nexudus Spaces dashboard, you can see that the print job sent via ezeep has been added to the Products tab.
- This product will be added to the next invoice that is raised for the member.
As you can see, it's easy for coworkers to print using this process. Integration with Nexudus Spaces is completely automated and will save you a lot of time as you will not have to keep track of who is printing what.