This tutorial guides you through the first steps with your ezeep Hub. From logging in to adding a printer and connecting the Hub to the ezeep cloud, we will show you step by step how to set up your Hub the right way.
Completing this tutorial requires that:
- You are the admin of an ezeep Blue account. If you haven’t signed up for ezeep Blue yet, have a look at our tutorial about signing up to ezeep.
- Your ezeep Hub is connected to your network and powered up. The device starts up automatically after power is supplied. The start-up process can take up to 1 minutes.
Find your Hub on the Network and log in
Alternatively, you can use the ThinPrint Hub Finder to automatically detect your Hub in your network. The PC that you are using for setting up your Hub and the ezeep Hub must be on the same network.
- Go to https://www.thinprint.com/en/support/software/clientsandtools/, check the box and click on Continue
- Click on Tools on the left and look for ThinPrint Hub Finder in the ThinPrint Software Tools table.
- Open the ThinPrint Hub Finder app and click on “Start Search”. All Hubs located in the same network will be displayed. Optionally, you can enable “Use range scan” for limiting the search to a specific address range.
- Click on the URL of the Hub you would like to configure. The Login page will open in a web browser.
- For more information about this tool see the Hub Finder manual.
- When you log in to your ezeep Hub for the first time use the default password “print4life”.We recommend to change the password in the system settings after your initial log in.
Configure the network settings and connect the Hub to ezeep
By default, the ezeep hub is already named configured to receive a IP address automatically. If you would like to change this, click on Network in the menu on the left and follow the instructions below:
- Changing the name on the network (optional):
Find the field Hostname and change the name.
- Changing the IP address (optional):
Enable the “manual configuration” button and provide your network information.
- To save your changes, click on Save at the bottom of the page.
- In order to use your ezeep Hub, you have to connect it with the ezeep Cloud organization. Go to the “Cloud Connect” tab.
- Click on the Connect button. A new browser tab will open.
- You will be requested to sign in to your ezeep Blue account.
- Enter your Admin credentials for your ezeep organization.
- Your Hub is now connected with your ezeep Cloud organization. You may close the browser tab.
Adding your printers to the ezeep Hub
You can add a printer manually, add printers that were detected on the network, or automatically add all printers.
To add a printer manually,
- Click on “Add Printer” in the Printers section.
- Enter printer name, printer model (optional), port and IP address (IP address is only needed if TCP/IP or LPT is selected as port).
- Click on Save.
For adding printers that were detected on the network,
- Go to the “Find Printers” tab in the Printers section of your ezeep Hub. The list will show all printers that the Hub was able to find.
- Choose the printer you want to add and click on the “Use Printer” button. This will move the selected printer to the list in the Printers tab of the ezeep Hub.
If you would like to automatically connect all printers that were found on the network to your ezeep organization,
- Go to the “Find Printers” tab in the Printers section of your ezeep Hub.
- Check the box “Automatically add printers to the printer list”.