Improving the Printing Performance using ezeep
1. Ensure Fast Internet/Network speed to Connector PC and the Printers
Print jobs can get quite large, so we highly recommend fast internet. A good rule of thumb is that if you can watch Netflix HD on the PC without stuttering, you should be fine. You can check your network’s internet speed from your Connector PC at http://speedtest.net.
- Using Ethernet cables to the Connector PC will ensure that jobs coming in from the Cloud are received at the highest speed possible. While the printers themselves can be on WiFi, the performance will be better with an Ethernet connection.
- If you must connect the Connector and/or printer via WiFi, check the internet speed to make sure the coverage is good where you want to place the devices. If it is slower than expected, consider moving the Connector or printer to a location with better coverage or get a WiFi Repeater. Try using a free app like NetSpot to help map out your WiFi speeds throughout the building.
2. PC Hardware:
While ezeep can run on a Windows 7 computer with 4GB RAM over WiFi, the best performance system will exceed these specifications. If you expect a high volume of jobs and/or large files, then more RAM and a faster processor will ensure high throughput of jobs: https://support.ezeep.com/en/support/solutions/articles/43000583530-what-hardware-should-i-use-to-run-the-ezeep-connector-
3. Windows Updates and ezeep Connector Software
Microsoft, as well as ezeep, are working constantly to improve the software. Please utilize this fact and always use the newest software. Updates are free and keep your system fast and up to date. For Windows, just enable automatic updates and restart your PC when prompted. We also recommend regularly rebooting the PC, once a week is best.
ezeep Connector updates are much less frequent, and you can find the latest version of our software on www.ezeep.com/download
4. Printer Driver Settings (on the Connector PC)
Connect to the Printer using the IP address and not the WSD port
To ensure that users are not able to print directly, turn Sharing Off
Under Advanced Settings, select “Start printing immediately”:
Under Port Configuration, Protocol, select “Raw” and uncheck “SNMP” (if available)
Uncheck “Enable bidirectional support”
5. Change the Default Printing Preferences/Print Quality setting to “Standard Quality” and “Black & White”. (Users can always select Color when printing to override this setting.) Some printers allow you to select the print resolution and we recommend 600dpi.
Note: Every driver is different, so you may need to do some detective work.
6. Make sure that the printer firmware and drivers are current
When you upgrade the firmware, make sure to update the Printer Driver on the Connector PC, if necessary. With ezeep, your users will now automatically be using the latest driver.
For large or complex PDF files, we recommend selecting “Print As Image” in the Advanced Print Setup to speed up printing times and resolve timeout errors: