ezeep Blue requires a set of permissions to sync users from an Azure AD. When Azure AD users don't seem to be syncing correctly to ezeep Blue, it is a good idea to verify the permissions that are granted to ezeep Blue by the Azure Active Directory.
- Go to Azure Active Directory -> Enterprise Applications
- Select ezeep for Azure and click on Permissions in the menu bar on the left
- Check that the permissions as shown in this screenshot are listed
- If some or all of the permissions are missing, click on “Grant admin consent for Default Directory” to recreate them.
- Provide your Azure AD credentials when prompted and accept the permissions.