ezeep Blue comes with a self-service option for printer selection. It is called "My Printers" and is part of the ezeep Blue user portal. By default, every user is allowed to choose their own printers. However, ezeep Blue admins can restrict this feature to certain groups or disable it completely.
This article describes how to restrict users from choosing their own printers. For information about how to use the My Printers feature and pick their own printers, click here.
- Open the ezeep Blue portal at https://app.ezeep.com and log in as ezeep Blue admin.
- Click on Policies in the menu on the left to open the Policies page.
By Default, the checkbox "Disable Printer Selection by Users" is unchecked and no group is listed. That means that every user has access to the My Printers feature and can select their own printers in their User Portal.
Restricting access to My Printers to specific users by adding user groups
- On the Policies page in the ezeep Blue admin portal click on "+ Add Group"
- Select the group(s) that contain(s) the users you want to allow to use the My Printers feature. You can use the Search Groups field to find the right group(s) faster.
- Click on "Add" to add the selected group(s) to the list.
You can remove a user group by clicking on the "-" symbol in front of that group's name.
Only users that are members of at least one of the listed group(s) are allowed to choose their own printers in their user portal now.
Disabling access to My Printers for everyone
On the Policies page in the ezeep Blue admin portal enable the checkbox "Disable Printer Selection by Users". This will stop all users from picking their own printers. Any printers users had selected on their own will become unavailable to them until you allow the My Printers feature for them again.