Cloud Management of ezeep Hubs is designed to link a Hub to your organization so that you can manage it directly from your ezeep Blue Admin Portal.
The first step is to claim the Hub. This is done on the Network Printers page under the Connectors tab by clicking on Add Connector and Claim Hub.
After you enter the MAC address of a Hub and click Claim the Claim Hub window should close itself and the device should show up in the Connectors list.
If there is a problem you will see an error message and the Claim Hub window will stay open. Here is a list of what the messages mean and what to do next.
Message: Hub unknown
Reason: The ID of the Hub does not exist in the cloud-hosted pool of devices
1. Check the firmware version of the Hub. It must be 126.96.36.199 or higher for the Cloud Management of Hubs to work. If that is not the case request the latest firmware from firstname.lastname@example.org and update your Hub
2. Ensure that the Hub is able to reach the internet. If that is the case, reinstall the firmware again.
Message: Hub not connected
Reason: The Hub is known to ezeep Blue but cannot be accessed at the moment.
1. Check that the Hub is running and can be accessed. To do so, open a web browser in the same network as the Hub and connect to it via its IP address e.g. https://192.168.0.15 or hostname. Should you not have either information, check out this article on finding the Hub on your network.
2. Check that nothing prevents the Hub from accessing the internet.
2. Restart the Hub by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in after a few seconds. After waiting a couple of minutes, try again to Claim the Hub.
Hub already claimed
Reason: The Hub has already been claimed by another ezeep Blue organization
1. If you administrate several organizations, check if the Hub is listed in one of the other organizations. It will either show in the Connectors list with its MAC address or its DNS name.
2. Reach out to email@example.com and provide the Hubs MAC address to have the Hub released. Our service team might ask you for proof of ownership.