A hybrid work strategy is truly achieved only once printing is as simple as accessing a cloud desktop and apps.
With ezeep’s Cloud Printing, the entire print management, the printer drivers, and the rendering of print jobs are moved to the cloud and do not require any local resources. This enables printing from any device to any printer. Print servers are a thing of the past and can be replaced by the maintenance-free ezeep Hub.
By combining the Cloud PC with ezeep Cloud Printing, users can access their desktop from any location with any end device and use the nearest printer.
Here's how to get started:
1. Sign up for ezeep Blue
Windows 365 Business does not require you to manage an Azure Active Directory with users and groups actively. Instead, we recommend you use ezeep Blue's built-in user and group management. Integration with Azure Active Directory is available by signing up to ezeep Blue via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
2. Add users to your ezeep Blue account
If you have signed up via the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, please follow the instructions for Windows 365 Enterprise.
Log In to the ezeep Blue admin portal by going to https://app.ezeep.com, and logging in with the same credentials you used to create your ezeep Blue organization.
In the menu on the left, click on "Users & Groups" and select the "Groups" tab.
Click on "Add Group" and select "Add ezeep Group"
3. Add printers to your ezeep Blue Account
There are three ways to add printers to your ezeep Blue account:
- Connect printers on an existing print server to your ezeep Blue account using the ezeep Blue Connector for Print Servers. These printers can be assigned to all users in your ezeep Blue account.
- Connect printers using the ezeep Hub, a solid-state micro appliance to bridge your local infrastructure to the cloud. These printers can be assigned to all users in your ezeep Blue account.
- Connect a printer installed on a user's computer using the ezeep Blue Connector for Windows or macOS. These printers are only available to the user. You can enable or disable this option.
4. Assign Printers to users using these steps:
There are two ways of making printers available to the users in your ezeep Blue Account:
- Centrally assign the printers connected via method 1 or 2 in step 3 to the users in your ezeep Blue account.
- Let users choose their printers using the ezeep Blue User Portal. You need to enable this option to use this method.
In Windows 365 Business, a Cloud PC behaves very much like a stand-alone PC, and Microsoft does not provide centralized management options. Hence, administration and configuration have to be done for each Cloud PC one at a time.
For your users to have access to printing through ezeep Blue, the ezeep Blue Print App for Windows needs to be installed on every Cloud PC. Every user has administrator privileges on their Cloud PC, and you can either instruct your users to install the ezeep Blue Print App for Windows themselves or log into each Cloud PC once and install the app for them.
A user who logs into a Cloud PC for the first time will see Microsoft Edge open and ask them to sign into ezeep Blue.
If you have set up your ezeep Blue account directly on the ezeep website, use the email and password option. If you have set up your ezeep Blue Account through the Microsoft Azure Marketplace, use the "Microsoft" option.
Once the installation and log-in are complete, your users will be able to use their ezeep Blue provided printers in any application that they can use a "regular" printer in.