When using the Hub claiming feature through the ezeep Blue admin portal (Network Printers page > Connectors tab > Add connector), an admin may encounter errors:
Prerequisite: ezeep hub beta firmware 1.13 or higher.
Problem 1: Message: Hub unknown
Cause: The ID of the Hub does not exist in the cloud-hosted pool of devices
1. Check the firmware version of the Hub. It must be 220.127.116.11 or higher for the Remote Management of Hubs to work. If that is not the case request the latest firmware from email@example.com and update your Hub.
2. Ensure that the Hub is able to reach the internet.
Problem 2: Message: Hub not connected
Cause: The Hub is known to ezeep Blue but cannot be accessed at the moment.
1. Check that the Hub is running and can be accessed. To do so, open a web browser in the same network as the Hub and connect to it via its IP address e.g. https://192.168.0.15 or hostname.
2. Check that nothing prevents the Hub from accessing the internet.
3. Restart the Hub by unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in after a few seconds. After waiting a couple of minutes, try again to Claim the Hub.
Problem 3: Message: Hub already claimed
Cause: The Hub has already been claimed by another ezeep Blue organization
1. If you administrate several ezeep blue organizations, check if the Hub is listed in one of the other organizations. It will either show in the Connectors list with its MAC address or its DNS name.
2. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the Hubs MAC address to have the Hub released. Our service team might ask you for proof of ownership.