Are you eliminating print servers in your branch offices? or don't have IT personal to locally maintain your IT infrastructure? No worries, we have a solution for that too. Using the ezeep hub at the branch offices will allow users to print to those office printers. The ezeep Hub connector will connect to your local network and automatically searches for printers and connects them to the ezeep cloud with just a few clicks! In addition, it enables a fully cloud-based printing solution, including cloud rendering, enabling print jobs to be processed in the cloud and taking away the need to manage print drivers in your environment.
Note: At this point, you must have already received the ezeep Hub from ezeep, took it out of the box and connected it to the power and network outlet, as well as connected any USB printers if needed. If you do not have the hub yet, you can order it via this link: ezeep Hub Order Now!
Step 1: Claim and Connect the Hub (see Hub Remote Management)
Step 2: Add a printer from the Hub's Printers page
- If your printer has network discovery enabled and can be detected on the network check the "Find Printers" tab to see if the printer was auto detected.
- Otherwise, select "Add Printer" on the Printers page. Enter the printer info including the IP address (or select USB from the Port menu if you have a USB printer connected to the Hub), then click "Save".
Step 2: Assign a compatible printer driver to the printer
- Select the ezeep hub on your Connectors page in the ezeep admin portal (app.ezeep.com).
- Click on "Show connected printers" on the right pane.
- Select the printer.
- Click "Select a driver" on the right pane to choose a driver.
- Save changes.
Note: If your driver is not in the list, choose one that is closest to your model number or a universal print driver for that manufacturer. If none of the drivers work for you, click on the "Request a New Driver" link. Our development team will receive the request and will start working on the driver installation.
Step 3: Ready to Print!
- The users are ready to print. Simply assign the printers to the users. See link: Assigning Network Printers